Nothing Like a Deadline…
I guess I just always need to have looming deadlines to get ANYTHING done. Â Thus, not only have I finally done some sewing today, but I also did some grading!
Bridget and I (but mostly Bridget) have finished tweaking the pattern for our teens corsets. Â Well, it still needs just a bit of tweaking for her, but I’m going to get my version mostly finished so she can use it to see where the final adjustments need to be made for her.
I managed to find some stash fabric and trim to use for this project. Â The fabric is just a pale peachy-pink silk broadcloth; not super exciting, but it’s the only thing I’ve got that goes with this really fantastic lace that I want to use to trim the finished corset.
So, this afternoon, I traced out my own copy of the pattern and cut out all the layers. Â Since the fashion fabric is on the light side of being a medium weight fabric, I decided to use two layers of a medium weight cotton duck. Â (It might have a bit of poly in there–I can’t remember.)
I’ve decided to sandwich the layers, so I went ahead and sewed the lining layer together. Â Later, the fashion layer and the second lining layer will be sewn together and treated as one. Â I can’t start on the outer layer yet, as I don’t have ANY pink thread. Â It is not a color I ever wear in real life, so I especially don’t sew anything pink.
(Don’t ask how it ended up in my stash–I think there were a few thoughts of “Ooo, but it will go with my Gibson Girl hat.” Â Of course, this means that I also have a pale pink cotton voile that is set to become the slip for this teens outfit now. Â Don’t be surprised if I show up to Sunday Undies with my pink corset, pink slip, and my huge hat.)
So, nothing to take pictures of yet, but hopefully soon.