Shoulders Up

My Corona hoodie is looking fabulous.  I finished the second sleeve earlier this week and got the two attached.  I’m now working on the raglan decreases.  Of course, I finally got to the point where I’m counting the sleeve-head stitches to see how much further I have to go, only to discover that they are not even, in any sense of the word.  I had 21 stitches left on one and 23 on the other.  Obviously, they are supposed to be the exact same number.  Plus, the number should not be odd.  Well, at least I’ve realized this early enough to subtly correct the numbers over the next few rows.

Other than that tiny issue, all is going well.  I tried the sweater on today, and it looks lovely.  Not too tight, but not a sack either.  I can’t wait to finish, and hopefully the weather will cooperate by then and actually feel like autumn.

I’m also super excited about starting my next project, the Curried Cable Jacket.  I ended up buying yarn at my LYS.  (I couldn’t resist taking a trip over there this weekend, since I didn’t have any pressing plans on my calendar.)  The yarn I was really interested in using was going to be far too expensive, so I ended up going with the Cascade 220.  It’s a nice sturdy yarn that will wear well, plus it is a very reasonable price; both qualities which put it quite a bit ahead of anything else that might have felt or looked nicer.  When it comes down to it, I want this cardigan to be functional, not just pretty.  I also ended up compromising on the color–neither brown nor ivory, but a kind of buff color, still in the neutral range, but light enough to really show off the cable pattern.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.