New pictures for a new year

I’ve continued to make quite a bit of progress on my projects this week.  Plus, I’ve got a few pictures uploaded, so I get to make this post colorful!

First off, I’ve gotten my first Ambrosia sock finished:

DSC04270

I didn’t have quite enough yarn to make it long enough to get past the largest part of my calf, so I may need to get a bit of elastic to put in the top to keep the sock up.  Other than that, the fit is pretty good.  Again, I really do feel like I’m starting to get the hang of socks.

On the crocheting front, I’m almost finished with the Sólás Caomh baby blanket.  I found out that my friend is expecting a girl just in time to make the trim color pink.  I don’t have a picture of it with the trim yet, but here is one that shows the body pattern in progress:

DSC04267

The flash washed out the color a bit.  It’s a much brighter yellow.  Hopefully, the mistakes early on in the center knot pattern are only noticeable to me.  The pattern had a very lovely chart to follow, so after getting started with the written directions, I went straight to the chart.  Unfortunately, the chart was not entirely accurate in showing which stitches were supposed to cross over and which behind.  I managed to find and correct the mistake, but not before I’d gotten far enough that I didn’t want to rip back.

Once I get the blanket finished, I plan on starting on the second Ambrosia Sock and maybe getting back to working on my Spanish Moss Coat.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.